Saturday, January 27, 2007

Mistakes mommy and daddy are making

Koh/Abe: We want to tell ya that training two first-time parents is really trying sometimes, it seems like a lot of pressure on us, especially since we're 7 pound newborns. Now we weaalhy weaaly love mom and dad - they are the best by a lot - they do so much so well for us, but there are only just a few things maybe that could do a little better. We don't want to be whiners or complainers, but.....

Koh: ....like when dad closed the garage door on my head - that was the dumb parent grand prize so far in our 3 week lives. He weally got in trouble, too, since mom and gramma were watching. It was kind of a shock on my brain and skull but I was really ok because of the rocks in there I guess. I just hope he's more careful with dat front-loading baby carrier next time he puts me in it.

Koh/Abe: ....then last week Dad sort of scared us when he brought out that garbage can lid during the snowstorm and wanted to take us for a saucer ride. Out the window we could see the neighbor kids playing and wanted to go out, but since we were only 10 days old and our heads still flop around alot, we were glad mom and gramma locked all the doors and wouldn't let us out. Dad loves to take us outside and we love it too, but he makes us cold even though he doesn't mean it. We don't get to walk or run since he puts us in the stroller or the baby frontpacks, and our hands and feet get cold sometimes after an hour in the 30 degree air. The sun feels good too, but we don't have sunglasses so it's reaaaaaaally bright.

Abe: I love my Mom especially 8 times a day when I get to have mommy lattes, but she's not very fast in the diaper changing department, so I get mad and cry very loudly to try to make her hurry up. It seems like FOREVER that she lets me hang out there all naked and wet and stinky. I think she should just let gramma or daddy do it.

Koh: ...and then there was that time at the doctor's office when daddy put on my spiffy warm velcro booties a bit too tight and when the doctor took 'em off my feet were blue and cold.

But don't worry too much... we know you're new.... we love you mom and dad!

No comments: