Saturday, September 20, 2008

Love Letter from Dad #6


Boys - You continue to make my fatherhood dream come true ...every day quite literally. We open up at dreaming hour 5:30 in darkness these days and have been rambling around outside just before sunrise. Sometimes you take me on laps around the house ...and we always pause for backyard activities.

This week I relived two of my earliest childhood memories: painting big rocks (my dad paid me 5 cents per rock, my first job!) and watching the sun move around the sky and rise up from behind the hills to the east. Maybe you're little nature boys like me since you've been pointing at the moon for a long time ...isn't every kid a nature kid? It's been fun sitting on the patio watching the big orange ball sunrise. Can we do this over and over? I love you boys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aunt Susan says: This "gets" me every time. Beautiful letter, well-said.