Friday, September 14, 2007

Love Letter from Dad

(Special permission granted for Dad to write in our blog)
Dear Abe and Koh,

Your smell is what gets me first. When I walk in to your room, it's like no smell I can remember. I don't know what a little girls' room smells like, but this smell is very much my little boys' smell. It's my first smell each morning, and the room is dark these days, so I can barely see as all my senses reach out, searching for that daily proof that there are living, breathing boys in here, the ones I first saw in January when the dream came true.

I want to tell you how much you make me happy. That fast smile you both make sort of amazes me.... do you do that with everyone? Why are you so quick to smile at this big naked dude you see each day around 6am? Are your dreams that good every night? Well those big toothless grins sure make me feel good, and I notice they make me smile, too, a reflex that you bring on.

On many of these beautiful mornings there's no sound coming from your room... yet when I tiptoe in you're wide awake, silent in your cribs, on your back gazing up or on your tummy studying the sheet.... just what are you doing? ...you thinking? ...I really don't know, it's another of those new mysteries you bring to my world. I love this part of what you're doing... introducing new questions, new adventures almost on routine. New wonders... you make me wonder. And new feelings, too, like sadness I got the other day when you couldn't get to sleep, Abe. And frustration in the old days when you cried late at night for no reason, at least no reason you would tell us.

And you're making me love you , you know. I've never had this feeling about little smelly monsters. So please keep it up, keep the surprises coming, those powerful grins grinning, and the silent intensity I see in your faces when you watch something you haven't seen much before.

I love you Koh and Abraham.

-Daddy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

whoooa ... and I only thought girls wrapped up their dad's so quickly ... "running the show", that's what we are thinking about !!

Unknown said...

boy, you guys are really cute !!

Hope to see you soon,
cousin Jillian