Sunday, January 22, 2012

Love Letter from Dad #11

I read every night to you in your bedroom from the rocker and watch you fade away to dream time.  You still both sit on my lap in that small chair, a pretty funny and crowded scene now that you're 5 and weigh 40+ pounds.

"Harold and the Purple Crayon" was our book tonight, a book I like as much as you do.   You cracked me up tonight, Abe, and I believe we laughed together louder and longer than ever before.   It just made me laugh the way you commented on Harold's one-tree forest: "THAT would be a bad place to play hide and seek."  It was just such a funny comment, and it cracked you up, too.  We just sat there laughing together, you on my lap, till tears came out.   Koh didn't mind, he just waited for us to finish our joy jam.   That was a really special moment for me.  Thanks for the laughs and the love.   -Dad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nana Jo and Aunt Susan say:

It does get better and better, doesn't it, Mom and Dad?